Monday, March 06, 2017

I'm a Lapsed Agnostic -- I Used to Not Know, But Now I Don't Give a Shit -- But I Love This Song Anyway!

Okay, this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the mission statement of this here blog, but it's just fantastic and I had to post it.



That's from the Rick Rubin produced Johnny Cash album American V: A Hundred Highways, which I last listened to at the time of its release (2006). Perhaps as a result, I'd forgotten this particular track until I heard it on the radio last Friday.

Turns out, not surprisingly, that it's a folk/gospel number previously recorded by Odetta and Elvis, among others.

Cash makes it totally his own here, of course.

In any case, regular already dressed and peppy pop postings resume on the morrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A week of Johnny Cash would be fine with me!

Captain Al

steve simels said...

A good idea, but not this week.
:-)